Vision, Mission and Values
There are over 4,000 children in Ireland with life-limiting conditions. Parents, usually mothers, willingly become full-time carers for their child. Taking on this caring role frequently impacts directly on the family finances through loss of employment, income or opportunities.
Caring also impacts through increased expenses related to the care needs of their child such as attendance at hospital appointments including travel, and parking and other non-care related expenses.
Cliona’s Foundation is a Limerick-based charity that provides financial support directly to parents of children with life-limiting or chronic complex care needs across Ireland to help with the non-medical expenses related to caring for their child.
The ordeal of a child’s grave illness or injury tests families far beyond their endurance, taking an enormous toll financially, emotionally and physically. While Cliona’s Foundation cannot cure a child, it wants to help them cope and soften their heartbreaking journey, by uniquely providing financial assistance to families, who have exhausted all other resources. Cliona’s Foundation believes that no family should have to face any added financial stress when they are already struggling to cope with the devastation and trauma of a seriously ill child.
Purpose for which Cliona’s Foundation was established
To relieve poverty, sickness and distress through the provision of financial assistance that will benefit in particular the quality of life for families who have children in hospital on a long term basis.[Taken from Memorandum of Association of Cliona’s Foundation Limited.]
No family will suffer financially when caring for a seriously ill child.
Providing financial assistance for families of children with a life-limiting condition
Ethos and Values.
The ethos and values of Cliona’s Foundation are delivered through the following set of principles:
- Cliona’s Foundation respects the needs and dignity of all its stakeholders with a special empathy for the beneficiaries and their families.
- Cliona’s Foundation is honest and truthful in all its dealings with every stakeholder and anyone interacting or engaging with the organisation. We will answer all reasonable questions on any aspect of the organisation and its activities.
- Cliona’s Foundation is accountable for all its activities and all funding received from donors and fundraising activities. A full governance, activity calendar and financial management system are in place to ensure this accountability.
- Cliona’s Foundation is committed to full transparency in all its fundraising and activities. There are a number of ways for anyone interested to contact the organisation and receive a timely response to your query /request.
- Cliona’s Foundation is committed to working in partnership with other like-minded organisations.