Cliona’s Foundation is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public, our funders and all who engage with us are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views so that we can continue to improve.
Cliona’s Foundation welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint, where the need arises;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat every complaint seriously, whether made by telephone, letter, email or in person;
- we deal with any complaint quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation or apology where we have got things wrong, and with information on any action taken, etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at Board level.
What to do if you have a Complaint? 
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact Cliona’s Foundation in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our office. Please let us know how you would like us to respond, with relevant contact details.
Contact details are:
- Phil Deegan, Cliona’s Foundation, Roselawn House, National Technologial Park, Limerick.
- Contact number: 00 353 86 61 33 13 33 and/or 1 800 90 10 90. Email Phil@clionasfoundation.ie.
We are open from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday – Friday.
What Happens Next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it with 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and give a new deadline.
All complaints will be logged in our ‘complaints register’ and tracked until they are resolved. The complaints register is reviewed by the board of directors annually.
What happens if the complaint is not resolved?
Having contacted the Office and if you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you are invited to contact the Chairman of the Board who will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level. The Chairman will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
Acting on Results
We will do everything we can to put things right and will review our procedures where necessary to prevent issues or problems arising again.
We hope you agree that most of the time we do provide a good service to our families. We value all feedback from those who engage with us and would also like to hear from you about what you think we do well.
 This process for lodging complaints does not apply to Cliona’s Foundation’s staff or volunteers, who have a separate policy for lodging any complaints.